This policy was last updated on June 15th, 2023.
What information we collect
Through your use of one or more of our Applications, depending upon which Application is being used, we collect one or more of the following types of personal information, either directly from you and/or from our integration partners: name, username, physical address, phone number, email address, credit card or other payment method information, order data, shipping addresses, purchase history, pricing and cost information, purchase order information, amount of product sold, inventory information, financial information, industry information, logistics information, information about your customers and various email content information.
Our Applications and marketing are not directed to and Sellercloud does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you nevertheless believe that your child has provided us with their personal information and you need to let us know to delete it, please contact us by emailing us at privacy@Sellercloud.com.
How we use information about you
We use the information we collect from you or about you in order to provide you with the following:
- Where it is necessary for us to enter into a contract with you and provide one or more of our Applications to you for the duration of the contract, including
- To assist the transactions that you request, such as helping you purchase, sell or ship or fulfill orders for various products or to provide you with various subscription or other services.
- To provide customer support and trouble-shooting services related to your interactions with us, your use of our Applications or to respond to your inquiries.
- To provide the information and results that we promised to deliver in connection with your use of our Applications, including
- To communicate important information about the Applications that you purchased, either directly from us, through one of our partners, distributors or through one or more of our Applications.
- To assist us in providing more and better Applications: for example, to evaluate and improve the performance of our Applications, to assess the quality of the Applications used and to help us learn how our clients, partners, vendors or end users navigate and utilize our Applications so that we may deliver a customized and better experience.
- To compile statistics and analysis about our clients’ use of the Applications. These statistics are used only to enable us to provide better client service, products, features and functionality to you and other clients in the future.
- To develop a profile of you and your interactions with us so that we can provide tailored offers, opportunities and services that may be of interest to you.
- To protect our legal rights and manage the security of our networks and property, including to protect Applications from security incidents and abuse.
- To share your information with third parties in order to prevent fraud, criminal or other inappropriate behavior and protect our business interests and rights, privacy, safety and property, or that of the public.
- Although not currently in practice, to send you (perhaps sometime in the future) certain targeted marketing communications, opportunities, experience surveys and marketing promotions from us or through a third party acting on our behalf that may be of interest to you.
- To send you text and/or email messages in order to provide you with time sensitive communications related to your transaction, other opportunities, customer experience surveys or promotions.
- Where necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, such as to respond to a request for information from a government authority or other party when we are required by law or in response to legal process, obligation or request.
Security of your personal information
We make reasonable efforts to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk associated with the processing of your personal information. We maintain organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect your personal information within our organization against unauthorized access, distribution, loss, alteration or misuse. Whenever we share your personal information with others in connection with providing the products and services that you request from us, we also insist that they do the same. Your personal information is also only accessible to a limited number of personnel who need access to the information in order to perform their duties and when we share with or receive personal information about you from others, all data transmissions are encrypted. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised, please contact us immediately by email at privacy@Sellercloud.com.
Your user registration or account information is password-protected. You may edit your user registration or account information by using your email address (that also serves as your username), “team name” and password. We strongly recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone and when you register or open an account with us, we provide you with instructions on how to select a strong password. You may change your password at any time and all password resets are communicated to you using only the email address that you submitted to us. Also, remember to sign out of your registration account and close your browser whenever you have finished your browser session.
Retention (Storage) of your personal information
We retain your personal information for as long as we need to fulfill our business purposes, as set out below:
- Marketing purposes:We retain for a period of time certain of your personal identification that is linked to cookies and other online identifiers.
- Product and Service transactions: We retain for a period of time your personal information associated with your registered user account, including records of payment you have made from the date of the transaction. In general, however, when you terminate your relationship with us and no longer wish to use any of our Applications, we purge or delete the information that we have retained about you since there is no reason or purpose for retaining this information (but see “Disputes and law enforcement” discussion below). In other instances, where the information about you originates from a third party because you had opened up an account with that third party, the information about you that we may have received from that party may not be purged unless requested by you.
- Use of our products and services and customer service related queries:We retain and track for a period of time the information associated with your use of our Applications, including information received from our Applications while in use, your device machine name, your IP address, your WiFi and account information (but not your WiFi password or SSID) and general queries and complaints that you may make regarding our Applications. In general, however, when you terminate your relationship with us and no longer wish to use any of our Applications, we purge or delete the information that we have retained about you since there is no reason or purpose for retaining this information (but see “Disputes and law enforcement” discussion below). In other instances, where the information about you originates from a third party because you had opened up an account with that third party, the information about you that we may have received from that party may not be purged unless requested by you.
- Disputes & law enforcement: If we are involved in litigation or a governmental or regulatory investigation, then we notwithstanding the above we keep or retain information throughout the period of litigation or investigation and for a period of time after that. If a settlement means that we have to keep information longer, then we keep information for the period required to administer the settlement. If we provide information to law enforcement agencies, then we keep a record of this for a period of time beyond the end of the investigation.
Who we share information with
We may share certain information with Sellercloud Europe based in Bulgaria solely for product and service development and to provide service support to our clients.
Business partners and vendors
We may share all or some portion of your information with our trustworthy business partners and vendors (1) in order for us to provide you with our Applications, (2) to enhance the functionality, features and quality of our Applications, (3) to help us store and host our Applications, to make them function properly and in a secure manner, (4) to monitor our own systems and operations to maintain their performance and security for the benefit of our users and clients and the Applications that they use, (5) to help us complete a transaction with you or to fulfill an order, service or delivery request, (6) to produce the data and reports our Applications are intended to generate for our users and clients, (7) to help us send you notifications regarding our Applications or to respond to your inquiries, (8) to help us activate, monitor and analyze the data generated by our Applications and to trouble-shoot and analyze the performance of our Applications, and (9) to provide you with surveys, promotional, advertising or marketing information about our Applications and to collect information about you especially if you are going to use one of our Applications.
All of our third party business partners and vendors are restricted from sharing your information with others for any other purposes other than to provide you with the Applications that you have requested from us.
Should you subscribe to Sellercloud, all of your credit card payment information is handled, stored and processed by our payment processor in accordance with the payment card industry data security standards. We do not store, process or transmit any cardholder or payment processing data on our systems and we rely entirely on the payment service provider to handle these functions.
We will also share your information with third parties when you have requested us to do. Should you decide to use a third party to pay for the use of one or more of our products or services, we will share that information with such party.
If you are using one of our products or services that is interfaced, integrated with or connected with another one of our products, services and/or with other third party products or services from one of our integration partners, our products and services are designed to automatically share with these other products, services or partners certain information, such as configuration data and data about a designated transaction. If you choose to open an account with one of our integration partners so that they may connect their products or services with any of our Applications, you may not be required to provide your permission in order to enable the exchange of data between these products and services.
Your personal information may also be shared as needed with government authorities for law enforcement, to respond to a request for information from a government authority or other party when we are required by law or in response to legal process, obligation or request.
We may also use for our internal decision-making purposes and for internal research and outside publication, information that we have aggregated or anonymized so that the information no longer reveals personal identity. We may use and share this aggregated or anonymized data with our users and clients so that they can gauge their transaction performance against that of a larger community or within their respective industry, to raise awareness about generic business issues important to our clients, to improve the performance and quality of our existing and future Applications, to spot and comment on various industry trends or for other analytical purposes that you have requested be administered by your request to use one or more of our Applications that is designed to provide you with such analytical data. We may also share this aggregated and anonymized information with our partners and/or other subscribing clients in order to assist them with their transactions. Whenever we share aggregated or anonymized data with others, we also take steps to prevent the recipient of the data from being able seek to determine personal identity.
Sale, merger or change in control
Your information may also be transferred to another company in the event of a transfer, change of ownership, reorganization or assignment of all or part of our business or assets. This will occur if the parties have entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of the information is limited to those purposes of the business transaction, including a determination whether or not to proceed with the business transaction. We will post a prominent notice on our website for thirty (30) days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information or as otherwise may be required or permitted by law.
Your California privacy rights
If you are a California resident consumer, California resident professional or California resident employee of SellerCloud or California resident job applicant to SellerCloud, effective January 1, 2020, you are afforded additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act including its most recent amendments set forth under the California Privacy Rights Act (collectively the “CCPA”) which amendments were made effective January 1, 2023, regarding the collection, use, disclosure and sale of your personal information and/or sensitive personal information.
Your GDPR privacy rights
If you are an individual located in any one of the European Union (EU) member countries, the United Kingdom, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland and you provide us with your personal data, you are afforded widespread privacy rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective May 25, 2018. Under the GDPR, higher standards on what is considered the lawful processing of your data are imposed; there are more explicit privacy rights afforded to you; and there are accountability standards imposed on organizations that collect, handle, store and/or process your data.
When you visit or use one or more of our Applications, our Application(s) may store or retrieve information about your browser and device, usually in the form of cookies. Cookies allow our Applications to remember your preferences and improve your user experience. The information that is stored and retrieved using cookies could be about you, your preferences or the device you’re using and is often used to make the site work as you expect or want it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, and our Applications give you a more personalized online experience.
Here are more details about the types of Cookies we use:
These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information and are necessary for our Applications to properly function, for you to navigate our Applications and to use their various features. These cookies expire at the end of your browsing session.
These cookies allow our Applications to remember the choices you make and to provide enhanced and more personal features such as storing your login account information, your setting of certain preferences or to assist you in completing certain forms
These cookies collect information about how you interact with our Applications and are used to improve your experience. They don’t contain personal information that can be used to identify you and we use these cookies to measure and improve our Applications’ performance, to determine the number of visitors to our Applications, which pages or sections of our Applications are the most frequented, how visitors move around our Applications and where our web traffic is coming from. All information that these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Some newer web browsers may also incorporate various “Do Not Track” features.” Our Applications currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” requests or headers from these browsers.
How can you manage cookies?
Session cookies are used for your current browser session and will expire after you close your browser. Persistent cookies are used to enhance your experience between Application visits and will remain on your computer or device until you delete or block them or until they reach their set expiration date.
You always have the ability to set your browser to disable all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set, although doing so will mean that our Applications and the various products and services including content and reports provided to you may not function properly or in ways that you want or expect. To learn more about how to control or disable cookies within most browsers, consult the “Help” section of your browser or device or visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How you can contact us